Thursday, March 7, 2013

Popping the Cork - here we go!

Popping the Cork is a project to get the most out of a two-month stay in Cork, Ireland.

I am originally from England, but I have been living in Finland for the past 15 years with my wife and kids. I will be in Cork for the next two months, and I want to get as much out of my time in Cork as possible. To do this I will need the help of the good people of Cork.

I work in Social Media and I see on a daily basis how people connect, help each other, form relationships, and live incredibly rich lives with the help of social networks. My time in Cork is limited, but the possibilities to experience what Cork has to offer are not with the help of social media and the people who populate both the city and the online networks.

As you can see, this blog is pretty empty at the moment, but as I experience things and connect with people and places I will update it with posts, links, pictures, etc. so that it becomes representative of Cork and all the stuff that happens to me during the next two months.

So, now it's over to you.

You, dear reader/follower can directly affect how this project goes. The more people who connect with me, offer me help, share their knowledge of Cork; the better my experience will be and the more this blog will truly represent what Cork has to offer.

To start with, I have set up this blog a Pinterest page, and a Facebook page. I will also be using my Twitter account to connect with the people of Cork, and I will be adding more channels in the coming days.

Come on, Cork. Show me what you've got!



No comments:

Post a Comment